This award winning program provides teens with unique arts experiences, resume-quality job experience, and a stipend! During the course of a year, Teen Docents develop leadership skills, learn to lead Museum tours, serve as counselors for Ogden Museum summer camps, and bring art to young children who are unable to visit the museum.
The applicant must be...
- a student in an Orleans or Jefferson Parish public school
- a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader
- interested in the arts, education, and/or working with children
Summer: Monday, June 4 – Friday, July 27, 2018 (8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.)
September – May: One Saturday a month (10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.)
Participants are required to attend all sessions.
Teen Docents receive a summer stipend of $1,000.00 plus $50.00 for each Saturday meeting during the school year.
- Applications are due by Sunday, April 15, 2018.
- Interviews will take place Saturday, April 21, 2018 and Thursday, April 26, 2018
- Notification of acceptance will take place by Monday, April 30, 2018.
Click here for more info.
Click here to download the application.